History of the Sports Commission
The Asheville Buncombe Regional Sports Commission was formed in the fall of 2010 by a handful of civic-minded leaders who had a vision to impact the local economy by bringing more sporting events to the region.
The Sports Commission is a community driven organization led by a diverse board of directors representing varied community interests. These leaders share a common goal of improving the health and quality of life of Asheville and Buncombe County residents while enhancing our community’s economic vitality with a thriving sports tourism market.
The Sports Commission staff works with event organizers, both locally and nationally, to showcase the Asheville community and its sport venues as the ideal location for their next event.
The Asheville Buncombe Regional Sports Commission and the Asheville Convention & Visitors Bureau work in collaboration with one another to ensure each sporting event held in the area is a successful and unforgettable experience. Combined we are your one stop for sport event planning in the Asheville area.
How we can help:
- Contact area hotels and sporting venues in Asheville on your behalf to gather information on rates and availability.
- Put together itineraries to visit venues and properties of interest so you can better make a decision.
- Compile area proposals and information for presentations to decision makers on final destination.
- Assist in event planning.
- Connect you with local service providers and media outlets.
- Provide visitor information & giveaways for athletes and fans.
- Creative brainstorming to make sporting events in Asheville stand out above the rest.